The Continuing Adventures of Super-Preemie

Shoshanna is a former micro-preemie (born 3 1/2 months early) who's now thriving! If you'd like to support research into the causes & prevention of premature birth, you can donate to WalkAmerica.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What does a toddler dream about?

Amidst all of this cuteness, Shoshanna had a doozy of a nightmare Sunday night. We ended up having to sit with her (awake) from about 11:30 until about 1:30. At first I went in and held her and then put her back in bed after about 10 minutes, but she screamed bloody murder, so Matthew came up and held her and then put her back in bed and she screamed more bloody murder, so I went and held her for a while, then convinced her that she'd be OK in her bed with me holding her hand. And then I just slowly moved further and further away until I was back in our room. She got upset a couple of times after I was gone (she was wide awake this whole time) but calmed down when I called to her that she was OK and I was still there. She was more clingy than usual yesterday, too, so whatever it was must have really scared her a lot.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger tbonegrl said…

    thanks for visitng my boys and I plan to add you into my link section. Your little one is precious!

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    Darsie has been having nightmares, too. I feel so bad for them! Hopefully Shoshanna's was a one time deal!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home